What makes this the perfect (decadent) food gift?
- You can multiply the recipe as needed.
- It travels well and keeps for a week or more in the frig.
- Its amazing and won’t remind you of anything you can buy in a jar.
Homemade Toffee Sauce for Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk (Pet or Carnation...not condensed milk!)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Lyles Golden Syrup (or light Karo syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 chocolate covered toffee bars (Heath or Skor Bars, chopped)
||Bring sugar, evaporated milk, butter, syrup and salt to a boil in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Boil for one minute then remove from heat. |
||Stir in 1/2 cup of the chopped chocolate covered toffee bars. Let cool then refrigerate. |
||When cold, stir in remaining chopped toffee. Serve over vanilla ice cream. |